2018-2019 Applications are closed.
Mission of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation Scholarship Program
To enhance and enrich education and economic opportunities for the region’s rising workforce by providing financial assistance to promising high school seniors in the Chamber service area.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior planning to further his or her educational or career goals by attending a two- or four- year college or technical, vocational, or apprenticeship program.
- Applicant must demonstrate academic persistence and dedicated service to his or her local community.
- Applicant must reside or attend high school within the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT service area.
- The deadline for the 2018-19 scholarship is April 30, 2018. Applications received after April 30, 2018 will not be considered.
- No officer, director, manager or trustee of the Foundation or Chamber, nor any substantial contributor, along with each of their family members are eligible for the scholarship grants.
The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation Board of Directors selects 4 Scholarship recipients based on a variety of criteria including academic persistence, community involvement and service, career interest, and financial need. All applicants will be notified in writing of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Foundation’s decision. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT reserves the right to publicize the names and images of scholarship recipients through our website, digital and social media, print publications and local media.
Scholarship checks ($1250 each) will be sent directly to the recipient’s college or vocational program to fund the recipients educational and career goals. The recipient will be responsible for providing the relevant contact information for their school.
Applicants will be required to upload the following documents.
- Copy of Transcript
- 2016 1040 Tax Return
- Resume of Community Service Activites
- Essay response to the following prompt: Please describe your career interests and your aspirations for pursuing your career in eastern Connecticut.
If you have any questions regarding this scholarship or application please call the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT at (860) 701-9113.