The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT is seeking candidates for the position of Vice President of the Organization. The Vice President serves as a member of the Chamber’s senior management team and oversees the day to day operations of the organization, including the Chamber’s financial operations, membership recruitment and retention, human resource management, grant management, IT system, Federal, State and local compliance and services as liaison to appropriate Chamber committees and partners.
A minimum of five years of business management or related experience required.
A master’s degree in a business-related field preferred.
Email cover letter, resume and 3 letters of recommendation.
The Vice President works in partnership with the President & CEO to ensure success of the Chambers mission and overall goals. This includes, but not limited to, chamber development, financial management, membership recruitment and retention, internal and external communications, human resources, and Federal, State and local compliance. Serves as the staff liaison to appropriate Chamber committees and in the absence of the President, serves as Board liaison and oversees all day to day operations of the Chamber.
In conjunction with the President/CEO responsibilities of the Vice President include:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Chamber benefactors and key regional and state leaders.
- Ensure compliance with Chamber Benefactor allocations and agreements
- Conduct research on matters related to Chamber goals, strategic and capital planning
- Propose/supervise membership development/retention programs
- Propose and implement Chamber policies and procedures
- Develop and support public relations/communication strategies
- Research potential grant and contract opportunities in support of Chamber mission
- Ensure compliance with the required federal State and local laws
- Prepare Chamber Annual Report
- Oversees information management systems
- Develop and manage the annual budget in collaboration with the President/CEO, department heads, the Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Oversee production of monthly financial reports
- Oversee Chamber investments in consultation with the President and the Finance Committee
- Organize data for external accountants to conduct yearly audit and in preparation of filing of federal and state tax returns
- In consultation with the CEO and the Finance Committee propose and oversee accounting and financial controls
- Oversee HR compliance
- Assist the President with review and recommendation of personnel policies and procedures
- Coordinate job searches and hiring processes
- Assist with annual performance reviews
The Vice President reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for supervising Chamber Staff.
- Finance Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Other regional organizations as directed by the President/CEO
- Chamber Foundation
- Financial Management: 5 years
- Business Management: 5 years